all encompassing training services
Emergency Preparedness Solutions™® provides a full range of services related to training, including training needs assessments; and instructional design, development, delivery, and evaluation.
We have particular expertise in the professional development of training materials, such as participant guides, presentations, and job aids to support learning and the application of learning. Our processes and documents meet the standards of DHS’ National Training and Education Division (NTED) to ensure grant compliance.
EPS now offers eLearning development services! Customized eLearning may be an ideal solution to meet your training needs, providing flexibility in delivery, dynamic and interactive learning experiences, and automatic tracking of learner progress and scores. eLearning development follows the same ADDIE model identified above, with the inclusion of storyboarding in the design step to visually map the key content areas and learner engagement activities. eLearning development may include a suite of options, including audio and video to enhance learning, interactive activities to support learning, and quizzes and tests to measure learning.
Our training expertise includes:
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) management, including application of the NIMS Incident Support Model
- Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Implementation
- Best Practices in Incident Management
- HSEEP and Exercise Management
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)
- HazMat for EMS (Operations Level training)
- CBRNE awareness
- Integrating Functional Needs Support into Sheltering
- Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response (ASHER) awareness and survival staff training
- Airport emergency preparedness training and exercises
- Various other topics in emergency management and homeland security
How does EPS ensure training is effective?
- We utilize the industry-standard ADDIE Model of Instructional Design for all instructional design projects.
- We pay special attention to the application of Bloom’s Taxonomy to ensure that training objectives are created and accomplished at the proper level of competency desired for learners at the conclusion of the training.
- We provide subject matter experts to support design and conduct of training.
- We reference current standards and best practices.
Emergency Preparedness Solutions (EPS) has become a critical part of our training development team. We can count on them to build upon and improve our own ideas, and they deliver highly professional training materials designed in accordance with our own in-house templates. EPS brings robust knowledge and experience tp the table, in the realms of instructional design and adult learning, as well as topics such as NIMS, EOC operations, CBRNE response, shelter operations and more.
EPS designed a curriculum from scratch and delivered a series of trainings that were perfectly tailored to their needs. The participants left the trainings with a vastly improved understanding of disaster preparedness and how to apply that knowledge to better prepare their staff and volunteers for a disaster.